Movie Time is a piece where a youth ensemble can imagine their own story/movie/play on the music.
There are three acts with two scenes. In every scene, there are two moments where the story can be told (except for the last scene). The first moment tells the main story of that scene the second moment is a turning point that is the trigger for the next scene.
These moments are loops take can take as much time as you need. The structure is as follows:
- Act I – Scene I: introductions, TP: a problem
- Act I – Scene II: looking for answers, TP: the solution
- Act II – Scene I: everything is going smoothly, TP: point of no return
- Act II – Scene II: obstacles and complications, TP: disaster!
- Act III – Scene I: big chase, TP: victory
- Act III – Scene II: back to real life